MUSHROOM AND WHITE WINE RISOTTO
ADVANCED - DINNER - LUNCH
Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 30 minutes
- Double cream
- White wine
- Knob of butter
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole white onion
- Arborio rice
- Chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: prosciutto ham and truffle oil
- Thinly dice the white onion and add it to a heated pot with olive oil and fry for 2 – 3 minutes until the onion is transparent.
- Dice the garlic and add to the pan and fry for another minute.
- Finely chop the mushrooms, then add it to the pan and fry until it’s all soft.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and then add two handfuls (one handful per person served) of arborio rice and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add 1 cup of white wine to the pan and leave it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of double cream and 6 cups of boiling water to the pot, along with salt, pepper and 2 cubes of chicken stock. Then cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for roughly 10 – 15 minutes, or until the rice is soft and fully cooked.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
- Optional: nicely drizzled with a touch of truffle oil and garnished with prosciutto